Tuesday, December 01, 2009

 
Christmas for cats. Yesterday I did something I'd never done before: I bought my own Christmas tree. I've never had one in my house since I moved out of home in 1998; it's as if I associate Christmas – and hence, the tree – with my family. Even last year's Christmas tree-related debacle didn't dampen my resolve to get my own tree; perhaps it made me more resolute.

I decided that my tree would just be a small, cheap fake tree. The one I got cost $10 from Target and claimed to be a "Minnesota pine". It sits on the DVD shelf next to the TV.

Unfortunately, Graham thinks it's the best giant cat toy ever. He went absolutely berserk when I put it together, although this pic doesn't capture the real frenzy.



The worst part is that I can't think of any Christmas tree decoration that a cat wouldn't interpret as an awesome cat toy to bite at and bat around on the floor. Graham loves anything that resembles a string or cord, anything shiny or fluffy, anything dangling, and anything round and ball-like. Also, I was planning to get a white bird or squirrel from Kleins Perfumery to put on the top.

So, to quote my punchline from last year, "The tree remains undecorated."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter