Sunday, March 22, 2009

 
Part of the reason I haven't been blogging so much.



This is Graham. As you can see, wherever I lay my head, that's his home. He's about five months old now, and I got him about a month ago from the Lost Dogs Home in North Melbourne. I was suffering from serious cat hunger after the loss of Monty. The house was so empty without her.

Lots of people in the inner north seem to know pets can be adopted from the Lort Smith Animal Hospital, but fewer seem to choose the Lost Dogs Home, which in my opinion has a better online interface that tells you more about the pets for adoption. They also gave me a dorky but cute certificate of adoption, featuring the pic of Graham that had me emailing my housemate Dan, "Is this not the cutest little dude?"

My brother Lina sent me a text message saying, "What kind of a name is Graham? I would have called him Rumpelstiltskin or Stilts for short." Admittedly, Graham is not the best name for making up stupid cat songs, but I have already come up with one that pleases me:

Eat Your Cat Food (to the tune of the Hallelujah Chorus)

Eat your cat food!
Eat your cat food!
Eat your cat food! Eat your cat food! Eat yoooour cat food!
Eat your cat food, Graham, you must be hungry
(Eat your cat food! Eat your cat food! Eat your cat food! Eat your cat food!)
Cat of cats! (eat your cat food, eat your cat food)
And food of foods! (eat your cat food, eat your cat food)
For he shall eat forever and ever

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter