Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 
Wasting time on Mess+Noise. I have been afraid of this website since it was mono.net. It is a monster of cultural capital - if you don't know what to say, or what tone to say it in, they'll bite your head off, but if you can get your head around the in-jokes, the jargon, the relationships between the users, it is really addictive.*

I have wasted monumental amounts of time on M+N over the last few months. I really want to quit but it is probably the ultimate resource for someone who, like me, requires constant new internet stimuli and flies into rages of boredom if I don't get it. I mean, you can only constantly check blogs and emails for a certain time. Goddammit, I even wrote a story about people wasting time at work.

Shit, I should probably go home. It is so hot in this office. But I have so much work to do. Only three more naff bite-sized stories, Mel... only three more!


* Also I enjoy the flirting. I need to keep my spirits up, after all.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter