Thursday, May 19, 2005

 
My winter aesthetic - Jaunty Pussy! This is one of my vain fashion posts. Today I am wearing a pale pink puffed-sleeve blouse with a black racer-back singlet over the top, and a hot-pink floppy ribbon tied in a big bow at the collar.

This is the second time this week I've worn the pink bow. On Tuesday it completed what my mother would term a "get-up". This consisted of a hot-pink singlet, the pink bow, a black and white striped jumper, my black man-shorts, hot-pink opaque tights and white cowboy boots, with a bracelet made from three rows of very large pearls. I kept catching sight of my reflection and cringing. At first I thought I looked like a female Ronald McDonald. Then I became convinced I looked more like a Morris dancer, which inspired an amusing prancing session at work while I shook the bracelet like a tambourine and Sophie B shook with laughter. (I can never be sure whether I come across as witty or buffoonish at work. Oh well, I won't have to worry about being the office buffoon for very much longer.)

Today Penny came up with the perfect title for this look I have been 'rocking' lately: Jaunty Pussy. This was a work of unspeakable brilliance. I liked it so much that I've taken to saying it repeatedly in a plummy English accent. Basically, Jaunty Pussy is a combination of 70s career woman and 60s mod. But it's not as fiddly and peasanty as the ridiculous boho look that's everywhere right now. It's more tailored and put-together. Think slinky satin blouses with tight jeans and boots; berets and velvet jackets with striped t-shirts and boyish pants; messy hair, shitloads of mascara and glossy pink lipstick. The key colours are pink, yellow, neon red, black and white, with judicious touches of denim.

Oh, I am a jaun-ty pussy!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter