Thursday, May 05, 2005

 
It's Thursday! Who wants to go drinking with me? For some reason I feel like a drink tonight. Maybe that's because I didn't actually drink at Shane's Karaoke Command Performance on Monday night, which perhaps lessened my merriment. Unfortunately the DJ had determined that we preferred 80s hits to homie hits during the dance breaks, and was playing "Maniac" by Michael Sembello. I was dancing like Molly Ringwald. There was the cutest little guy there, called Jack, who reminded me a lot of Duckie. He had the hair and the sunglasses and the dancing. I felt that he really ought to have been born 20 years ago. He missed his time.

I did "Lose My Breath" by Destiny's Child, which was perversely appropriate. As I am spastically unfit, I was all puffed when they announced my song, which was unfortunate because I just didn't realise how quick the words were coming and I found it hard to fit them all in in time. But I made up for that disgrace with a hugely satisfying performance of "I've Had the Time of My Life" (the Dirty Dancing theme) with Lumpen Leigh. Shane pronounced it "one of the best performances of that song I've seen."

You see, on Friday Tash and I wanted to do that song after our singalong session to Gold 104 in my car, but we couldn't find it anywhere in the songbook, and then the DJ ended up singing it with his girlfriend and we were outraged. So I was pleased to make up for that.

The DJ goes "Leigh and Baby? Come on up, Leigh and Baby!" And Leigh got up on stage and said, "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" at which point I made my grand entrance. Well, it impressed the drunken St Jerome's staff members. Man, they were so drunk. Jerry (Gerry?), the one who looks like a hobbit, was the drunkest of all. He knocked over a lot of chairs and smashed some ashtrays. He was very close to being kicked out of Charlton's.

But I was mad because I didn't get to do "Yeah" with Shane. I was going to be Usher; he was going to be Ludacris and Lil Jon. But the DJ just played the song instead. The DJ shut things down at about 1. Everyone was very disappointed, especially Shane. I would have set that karaoke session to three - meeeeedium fun.

But anyway, I feel like I would like to have some drinks tonight. Who's with me? Saige? Saiiiiiige?? If you're reading this, someone was stalking you on the internet trying to find your phone number, Saige. But seriously, if anyone wants a civilised drink with me tonight, or even on Friday, write a comment!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter